Please check back in early spring 2011 for more information about the 2011 award.
If you are an adult learner who has been in a literacy program for at least six months or will complete your program by May 31, 2010, please write to us and tell us about your learning journey.
One learner will receive the 2010 PGI Learner Achievement Tribute Award. The recipient will enjoy an all expenses paid trip to the 20th annual PGI Golf Tournament for Literacy on July 13, 2010 in Vancouver. At the PGI, the recipient will be honored and presented with a cash award, a certificate, and a Learner Library for themselves and their school ($250
each), courtesy of Greystone Publishing.
Two more learners will receive honorable mentions and a special award.
You can fill out the form on-line and submit it by e-mail, or print it out and mail it in.
To enter, you must:
1. Be a current student in a literacy program, Adult Basic Education, or an English as a Second Language Settlement Assistant Program in BC.
2. Have attended a program for at least six months OR will complete your program no later than May 31, 2010.
3. Include a testimonial (500 words maximum) from your instructor or tutor that describes your progress.
4. Write a story about your learning journey. Your story must be 750 words or less. It must answer these questions:
- Why did you decide to continue your education?
- What are your learning goals and your personal goals?
- What challenges have you faced and how did you overcome them?
- Describe your progress and your achievements. Please give examples.
We will choose the recipient of the 2010 PGI Learner Tribute Award based on the progress in learning and personal growth shown by the stories and testimonials.